Appeal to find ex-work colleagues of former Ford employee who died from mesothelioma
- Credit: Archant
The family of a former Ford worker who died just two months after being diagnosed with an asbestos-related cancer are appealing to his ex-workmates to come forward.
Ronald Dennis Twinley, who also worked in Chigwell for London County Council (LCC), passed away in June last year aged 86 from mesothelioma, a cancer of the lining of the lung associated with asbestos exposure.
His 57-year-old daughter is hoping his former work colleagues can provide information about his working conditions which may have exposed him to the deadly material.
Ronald worked as a painter, decorator and repairman for LCC between 1961 and 1962 in Chigwell and across East London where his tasks included working with artexed ceilings, removing damaged panels and stud walls and working on shed and garage roofs made of asbestos.
Between 1962 and 1974 Ronald worked on the production line, paint trim and body shop at Ford Motor Company in Dagenham where he may have come into contact with asbestos from brake pads and linings.
You may also want to watch:
Rhonda, who has appointed law firm Irwin Mitchell, to look into her father’s case, said: “We were all devastated to get the news that dad had mesothelioma. It was awful to see how the illness affected him so quickly and it is hard to believe he is no longer with us.
Rosemary Giles, who is representing Ronald’s family, added: “Ronald’s story is sadly like a great number that we see in our work, with his mesothelioma diagnosis coming many years after his exposure to asbestos is thought to have taken place.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
“We have been working hard to develop a clear picture of his working life and would be hugely grateful to anyone who can provide detail regarding whether he may have been exposed to asbestos at these two employers.
“Any information no matter how small could make a significant difference to our efforts to help his family gain justice.”
“We are keen to get some answers regarding how his mesothelioma emerged and would appreciate help from anyone who may be able to provide the information we require.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Rosemary Giles at on 01223 791 810 or email Rosemary.Giles@IrwinMitchell.com.