Former Primark employee from Dagenham jailed after admitting to theft
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A former Primark employee from Dagenham has been jailed after issuing £500 worth of refunds to himself.
Felix Ogunleye, 37, of Ballards Road, admitted 10 counts of theft by employee last month.
Store bosses at Primark in Ilford became suspicious after a high number of refund transactions connected to the former assistant manager’s employee number took place after closing hours.
An internal investigation discovered that between December and January, Ogunleye logged onto a customer service till on 10 occasions after obtaining electronic copies of sales receipts.
He logged in as another employee on a further two occasions.
You may also want to watch:
Ogunleye resigned from his job as assistant manager in January.
He was arrested at his home on March 20 and charged the same day.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
The former assistant manager at Primark in Ilford was sentenced to eight weeks in jail at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
he must also pay £508.20 in compensation and a victim surcharge of £80.