Forresters are felled by Ilford
ILFORD Golf Club s Norman Plum Trophy team are through to round three of the Essex Golf Union competition as they beat Forrester Park 225-224. Ilford s team had previously never made it past round two of this three-year-old competition and had been knock
ILFORD Golf Club's Norman Plum Trophy team are through to round three of the Essex Golf Union competition as they beat Forrester Park 225-224.
Ilford's team had previously never made it past round two of this three-year-old competition and had been knocked out on two occasions by the odd point, but this time managed to turn the tables.
Captained by Eric Mooney, Ilford's home team trailed by five points and it was left to the away team to run out victorious winning by 115-109.
On the domestic front, James Hagger successfully defended his Ingleby Cup triumph of 2008 by winning with a score of plus four.
You may also want to watch:
First place in Division One went to Matt Pinner, who finished with a score of plus three in this bogey competition.
Runner-up in Division One went to Steve Landerkin with plus two, whilst James Osman finished runner-up in Division Two with plus three.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
Jack Bulley also retained the Juniors McDonald Brown Cup he won last year with a net 61, edging out Matt Pinner who finished on net 62.
Jack Davies won the Division Two, with Chris O'Callaghan runner-up.