Forresters are felled by Ilford
ILFORD Golf Club s Norman Plum Trophy team are through to round three of the Essex Golf Union competition as they beat Forrester Park 225-224. Ilford s team had previously never made it past round two of this three-year-old competition and had been knock
ILFORD Golf Club's Norman Plum Trophy team are through to round three of the Essex Golf Union competition as they beat Forrester Park 225-224.
Ilford's team had previously never made it past round two of this three-year-old competition and had been knocked out on two occasions by the odd point, but this time managed to turn the tables.
Captained by Eric Mooney, Ilford's home team trailed by five points and it was left to the away team to run out victorious winning by 115-109.
On the domestic front, James Hagger successfully defended his Ingleby Cup triumph of 2008 by winning with a score of plus four.
You may also want to watch:
First place in Division One went to Matt Pinner, who finished with a score of plus three in this bogey competition.
Runner-up in Division One went to Steve Landerkin with plus two, whilst James Osman finished runner-up in Division Two with plus three.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 6 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 7 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 8 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
Jack Bulley also retained the Juniors McDonald Brown Cup he won last year with a net 61, edging out Matt Pinner who finished on net 62.
Jack Davies won the Division Two, with Chris O'Callaghan runner-up.