Forresters are felled by Ilford
ILFORD Golf Club s Norman Plum Trophy team are through to round three of the Essex Golf Union competition as they beat Forrester Park 225-224. Ilford s team had previously never made it past round two of this three-year-old competition and had been knock
ILFORD Golf Club's Norman Plum Trophy team are through to round three of the Essex Golf Union competition as they beat Forrester Park 225-224.
Ilford's team had previously never made it past round two of this three-year-old competition and had been knocked out on two occasions by the odd point, but this time managed to turn the tables.
Captained by Eric Mooney, Ilford's home team trailed by five points and it was left to the away team to run out victorious winning by 115-109.
On the domestic front, James Hagger successfully defended his Ingleby Cup triumph of 2008 by winning with a score of plus four.
First place in Division One went to Matt Pinner, who finished with a score of plus three in this bogey competition.
Runner-up in Division One went to Steve Landerkin with plus two, whilst James Osman finished runner-up in Division Two with plus three.
- 1 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 2 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 3 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 4 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 5 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 6 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 7 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 8 Council U-turn on plan to 'decommission' supported housing scheme
- 9 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
- 10 'A joy to us all': Zara Aleena's family pay tribute after 'sickening' death
Jack Bulley also retained the Juniors McDonald Brown Cup he won last year with a net 61, edging out Matt Pinner who finished on net 62.
Jack Davies won the Division Two, with Chris O'Callaghan runner-up.