Four boys suffer sex abuse
AN ALLEGED paedophile carried out a series of depraved sex acts on four boys including two with learning difficulties, a court heard. Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, preyed on the youngsters, aged between eight and 18, in Essex and east Lo
AN ALLEGED paedophile carried out a series of depraved sex acts on four boys including two with learning difficulties, a court heard.
Shaun Johnson, 23, of Sebastian Court, Barking, preyed on the youngsters, aged between eight and 18, in Essex and east London for two years, it was said.
Johnson repeatedly molested his young victims and forced them to perform sex acts on him, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Jurors were told Johnson forced himself on his youngest alleged victim, now aged nine, after waking with the boy late at night.
The youngster, who cannot be named, told the court via a live video link: "I was calling for my mum."
Earlier, in a pre-recorded police interview shown to the jury, the boy said: "When I was going to sleep I woke up and he [Johnson] was there.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 10 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
"Then he was doing stuff to me."
Johnson kissed the boy on the mouth before performing a sex act on the youngster, the court heard.
"He was kissing me and then he kissed my private bit," the boy told specially-trained police interviewers.
When the boy was asked how many times Johnson struck, he replied: "It happened sometimes, more than one day.
"It happened 10 or 15 times."
The boy said he pleaded with Johnson to stop, but his alleged abuser refused.
"I told him to get off and still he didn't listen," he said.
Johnson exposed himself to the youngster on two occasions, the court heard.
The boy said: "He showed it to me; he tried to get me to touch his thing.
"I said: 'I don't want to'."
The abuse took place between August 2006 and June last year at homes in Barking and Beckton, the court heard.
Johnson is also accused of striking at the Camber Sands caravan park in East Sussex, say prosecutors.
An 18-year-old and a 17-year-old, who both suffer learning difficulties, are yet to give evidence against Johnson.
Johnson denies nine counts of sexual activity with a child, seven counts of sexual activity with a person with a mental disorder impeding choice, three counts of rape, three counts of sexual assault, two counts of sexual assault of a child under 13, two counts of rape and inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.
The trial continues.