Four held over suspected kidnap
HOSTAGE negotiators secured a man s release after a siege near Barking Park. A major armed police operation yesterday led to the arrest of four men at a Park Avenue house, backing on to the park s miniature railway. Teams of officers and sniffer dogs wer
HOSTAGE negotiators secured a man's release after a siege near Barking Park.
A major armed police operation yesterday led to the arrest of four men at a Park Avenue house, backing on to the park's miniature railway.
Teams of officers and sniffer dogs were called to the house on Wednesday evening. An ambulance was also on standby at the scene.
Police were yesterday staying tight-lipped about the incident, but today confirmed they are investigating a suspected kidnap.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours told yesterday how they saw dozens of officers and several police vehicles crowding the streets around the park.
A man allegedly held against his will at the house was said to be safe and well after being released yesterday.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Each of the suspected kidnappers, aged between 20 and 25, is currently being held for questioning at a central London police station.