Four held over suspected kidnap
HOSTAGE negotiators secured a man s release after a siege near Barking Park. A major armed police operation yesterday led to the arrest of four men at a Park Avenue house, backing on to the park s miniature railway. Teams of officers and sniffer dogs wer
HOSTAGE negotiators secured a man's release after a siege near Barking Park.
A major armed police operation yesterday led to the arrest of four men at a Park Avenue house, backing on to the park's miniature railway.
Teams of officers and sniffer dogs were called to the house on Wednesday evening. An ambulance was also on standby at the scene.
Police were yesterday staying tight-lipped about the incident, but today confirmed they are investigating a suspected kidnap.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours told yesterday how they saw dozens of officers and several police vehicles crowding the streets around the park.
A man allegedly held against his will at the house was said to be safe and well after being released yesterday.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
Each of the suspected kidnappers, aged between 20 and 25, is currently being held for questioning at a central London police station.