Four held over suspected kidnap
HOSTAGE negotiators secured a man s release after a siege near Barking Park. A major armed police operation yesterday led to the arrest of four men at a Park Avenue house, backing on to the park s miniature railway. Teams of officers and sniffer dogs wer
HOSTAGE negotiators secured a man's release after a siege near Barking Park.
A major armed police operation yesterday led to the arrest of four men at a Park Avenue house, backing on to the park's miniature railway.
Teams of officers and sniffer dogs were called to the house on Wednesday evening. An ambulance was also on standby at the scene.
Police were yesterday staying tight-lipped about the incident, but today confirmed they are investigating a suspected kidnap.
Neighbours told yesterday how they saw dozens of officers and several police vehicles crowding the streets around the park.
A man allegedly held against his will at the house was said to be safe and well after being released yesterday.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Each of the suspected kidnappers, aged between 20 and 25, is currently being held for questioning at a central London police station.