Sawbridgeworth 0 Bethnal Green 4 BETHNAL GREEN UNITED manager Justin Gardner had nothing but praise for his in-form players after they smashed Sawbridgeworth on Saturday. The Greens put in yet another dominant display and the boss was keen to wax lyrical
Sawbridgeworth 0 Bethnal Green 4
BETHNAL GREEN UNITED manager Justin Gardner had nothing but praise for his in-form players after they smashed Sawbridgeworth on Saturday.
The Greens put in yet another dominant display and the boss was keen to wax lyrical about his fourth-placed Essex Senior side.
"The football we played was a joy to watch and footballing-wise it was the best we have played so far this season, it was almost faultless," Gardner said.
"At one point we put together a 22-pass move which was outstanding to watch and we beat a team who are right up there and are no mugs.
"On our day if we play to the best of our abilities there is nobody in this league who can match us."
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Sawbridgeworth couldn't on Saturday and fell behind in the 20th minute when Marlon Campbell scored his sixth league goal of the campaign with a curling shot which nestled into the top corner.
Town kept the Greens at bay until the 68th minute when after a corner was cleared, Joe Gallomore crossed for Ajibola Olatunbosun to head home.
Bethnal Green clearly had the taste for goals and scored their third nine minutes later when Kadir Jama skipped past the right back with ease before clipping the ball into the top corner to seal the points.
With the game won, Green scored a fourth when Jama beat two men, before firing into the bottom corner.
"We had so many players that played well," Gardner beamed.
"Marlon Campbell is unplayable at the moment, while Kadir Jama destroyed their full back. Tamba Ngondou is an unsung hero and is Makelele-like, while at the back Joe Gallomore and Carl Blake were awesome.