Francisco is the kid!
FRANCISCO REIS was the star of the show when Ilford AC sent a small but enthusiastic bunch of athletes to the Lee Valley Stadium on Boxing Day. Reis dominated the annual five kilometres race from gun-to-tape winning by a distance in a time of 26 minutes
FRANCISCO REIS was the star of the show when Ilford AC sent a small but enthusiastic bunch of athletes to the Lee Valley Stadium on Boxing Day.
Reis dominated the annual five kilometres race from gun-to-tape winning by a distance in a time of 26 minutes and 25 seconds, his first victory since returning to the sport.
He finished ahead of Barnet's Steve Allen, who clocked 27.38 in the event staged by Enfield & Haringey AC.
Francisco was in fine form throughout the two-and-half kilometres out-and-back course.
You may also want to watch:
Ilford stalwart Dave Sharpe claimed fifth position, clocking 30.42, while the winning Ilford team were closed by Mike Croft, who filled 10th spot in 37.34.
It was a rare competitive outing for Croft who is usually seen at such events as an official.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 5 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week