Free castle trip
ANNE Boleyn s home, Hever Castle, is expecting a rosy week at the end of the month. Famous for its exquisite roses, the Kent stately home celebrates all things floral when it welcomes visitors to Roses and Herbs – Past and Present from June 22-28. The Ros
ANNE Boleyn's home, Hever Castle, is expecting a rosy week at the end of the month.
Famous for its exquisite roses, the Kent stately home celebrates all things floral when it welcomes visitors to Roses and Herbs - Past and Present from June 22-28.
The Rose Garden is home to more than 3,000 roses, including the Anne Boleyn Rose, Deep Secret and L'aimant, and visitors can enjoy a stroll through this beautiful garden as it goes into full bloom for the summer.
During your visit you'll have the chance to sample some wine, while the head gardener will be giving a talk about the roses. He will also be on hand to give some helpful hints and tips.
You may also want to watch:
There will be talks from a herb expert, who will be teaching visitors about the culinary and medicinal uses of herbs.
Take a walk around the award-winning Italian gardens and the castle, which is filled with many Tudor artefacts, including illuminated prayer books inscribed by Anne Boleyn and the Henry VIII armorial tapestry.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
Finish off your visit with a delicious afternoon tea in the newly refurbished Moat Restaurant.
We are giving away three family tickets to Hever Castle. To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder.