Free castle trip
ANNE Boleyn s home, Hever Castle, is expecting a rosy week at the end of the month. Famous for its exquisite roses, the Kent stately home celebrates all things floral when it welcomes visitors to Roses and Herbs – Past and Present from June 22-28. The Ros
ANNE Boleyn's home, Hever Castle, is expecting a rosy week at the end of the month.
Famous for its exquisite roses, the Kent stately home celebrates all things floral when it welcomes visitors to Roses and Herbs - Past and Present from June 22-28.
The Rose Garden is home to more than 3,000 roses, including the Anne Boleyn Rose, Deep Secret and L'aimant, and visitors can enjoy a stroll through this beautiful garden as it goes into full bloom for the summer.
During your visit you'll have the chance to sample some wine, while the head gardener will be giving a talk about the roses. He will also be on hand to give some helpful hints and tips.
You may also want to watch:
There will be talks from a herb expert, who will be teaching visitors about the culinary and medicinal uses of herbs.
Take a walk around the award-winning Italian gardens and the castle, which is filled with many Tudor artefacts, including illuminated prayer books inscribed by Anne Boleyn and the Henry VIII armorial tapestry.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Ban on antisocial behaviour around Dagenham Heathway station extended
- 3 Timeline: When false widow spiders have come to east London
- 4 NHS trust to run online consultations on new clinical strategy
- 5 Former Ford apprentices reunite at college - some after nearly five decades
- 6 Ex-footballer, Ford strike leader and Iranian embassy siege cop awarded Barking and Dagenham's highest accolade
- 7 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 8 Domestic abuse support hub opens in Barking
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
Finish off your visit with a delicious afternoon tea in the newly refurbished Moat Restaurant.
We are giving away three family tickets to Hever Castle. To find out how you could win, see this week's Recorder.