Free expression or selection?
YOUR correspondent, Mr Anthony Richards, Post 5th August, applauds your paper for allowing a free expression of opinion and, indeed, on the question of wheelie bins he is quite correct. However, you appear to be selective on free expression with reg
YOUR correspondent, Mr Anthony Richards, Post 5th August, applauds your paper for allowing a "free expression of opinion" and, indeed, on the question of wheelie bins he is quite correct.
However, you appear to be selective on "free expression" with regard to other matters.
Two weeks ago I wrote criticising a letter sent in by John Biggs in which he insinuated that poverty amongst residents of East London was the fault of Boris Johnson and not the fault of some 90 years of Labour. In this week's publication he continues his attack on everything that the Mayor does by suggesting that the discontinuation of planning for a Thames Gateway Bridge is solely due to Boris' opposition and not due to the withdrawal of funding by the government.
I have little doubt that you will decline the publishing of this letter, as you did my previous effort, but I would respectfully remind you that there are other opinions than that of the GLA Member, John Biggs and, at least, some of them are worthy of consideration.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Terry Justice
Ashton Gardens Chadwell Heath
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Barking and Dagenham district girls fall short in final against Woking