Free live music at the Theatre Royal
THE Theatre Royal Stratford East Bar continues to host FREE live music and DJ sets every week. Here is the line-up of artists due to perform over the next two weeks. On February 10 Claire Wood will take the stage between 6pm and 9pm for dark pop tinged
THE Theatre Royal Stratford East Bar continues to host FREE live music and DJ sets every week.
Here is the line-up of artists due to perform over the next two weeks.
On February 10 Claire Wood will take the stage between 6pm and 9pm for dark pop tinged with warmth and humour.
On Thursday Drew Cotty will entertain from 6pm until 9pm with rock, metal, jazz and blues.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday it will be the turn of well known regular DJ Excalibah to spin a selection of classic, funk and soul from 8pm until midnight.
Multi percussionists Eddie Abdullah & Matt Telfer will bring their own style of entertainment from 7pm until 11pm.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
Acoustic ballad and funk singer-songwriter Jedd Holden will make another appearance on Tuesday February 16 between 6pm and 9pm.
Another regular is Faye Patton, who will be gracing the stage on Wednesday February 17 from 6pm until 9pm with funky piano grooves and powerfully soulful vocals.
She will be followed by the contemporary jazz Franks Freestone Duo on Thursday February 18 on guitar and sax/flute from 6pm until 9pm.
DJ T-spark will take on the beginning of the weekend on Friday February 19 from 8pm until midnight with Reggae, lovers' rock and dub selections to classic funk and soul.
Tara Grainger will treat punters to Jazz standards on piano and vocals on Saturday February 20 from 7pm until 11pm.
The theatre also runs free stand-up Comedy Nights at the Theatre Royal Stratford East Bar every Monday from 8pm as well as Comedy Extra on the last Sunday of every month from 8pm.
Upcoming artists include Prince Abdi and Keith Platt, with compere Joe K February 15 2010 and Shelley Cooper and Wes Zaharuk, with compere Jim Grant on February 22.
Organisers of both the music events and the comedy nights remind readers that artists are subject to availability.
For further information about these and other ongoing free events, please visit: www.stratfordeast.com