Frost is hot stuff!
NEWHAM BC middleweight Joe Frost showed his best form to turn back the challenge of St Pauls (Yorkshire) rival Tony Holmes on his own club s show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night. Frost came out on top of some keenly-fought exchanges to take a well-ear
NEWHAM BC middleweight Joe Frost showed his best form to turn back the challenge of St Pauls (Yorkshire) rival Tony Holmes on his own club's show at the East Ham WMC on Friday night.
Frost came out on top of some keenly-fought exchanges to take a well-earned decision.
Also turning back a challenge from a visiting rival, Newham's Jack England provided the attacks to subdue Joe Vandenbergh with another good display.
George Moughton was another Newham BC winner when he slammed home the shots to overcome Finchley BC rival Pat McDonagh.
You may also want to watch:
Viddal Riley dominated the action against Yorkshire opponent Ray Drayton and his under pressure rival was retired by his cornermen before the end of the opening round.
Yorkshire fighter Harry Leather and Newham's Greg Price provided one of the closest clashes of the show with the split verdict going to the northern boxer.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
There was also a points defeat for George Price, who was outscored by Chris Stevenson (St Paul's).
n Myles Cousins outpointed reigning Golden Belt Champion and previously unbeaten Ali Osman of Nemesis in the London Youth CYP finals at York Hall on Saturday.
He takes his place, alongside fellow Hammer Charlie Hoy, in the CYP quarter-finals on Saturday in Aldershot.
West Ham boxers recorded a four-time triumph when they appeared on neighbours Newham BC's show at East Ham WMC on Friday night.
Hughie Saunders beat Brian Fagan (Cheshunt) and received best away boxer trophy at the end of the show.
Jimmy McDonagh beat Mike Willis of St Pauls BC, Hull, while Brian McDonagh beat Lee Smith of Chelmsford and Jay Pjetri outpointed Sam Roberts (Newham).