Fulham are felled
West Ham 3 Fulham 1 WEST HAM S Academy team earned an excellent victory over Fulham at Little Heath on Saturday morning. The Hammers grabbed two late goals to finally break the Fulham resistance and take their Premier Academy League record to just two def
West Ham 3 Fulham 1
WEST HAM'S Academy team earned an excellent victory over Fulham at Little Heath on Saturday morning.
The Hammers grabbed two late goals to finally break the Fulham resistance and take their Premier Academy League record to just two defeats in the last 10 matches.
Robert Hall gave West Ham the lead on the half hour, when he conjured himself up a little bit of space to turn and fire into the net.
But that lead disappeared shortly after the break when the unfortunate Eoin Wearen sliced the ball into his own net to level the scores.
West Ham held sway for most of that second period, but in the end it took a penalty and a piece of fortune to finally earn them the points.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 5 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
First Nicky Barrett was sandwiched between two defenders to win a penalty, which Danny Purdy calmly slotted in, and then Danny Subuola's shot took a wicked deflection that gave the Fulham goalkeeper no chance and completed the scoring at 3-1.
West Ham under-16s had a thrilling game with Fulham on Saturday, finally sneaking home by 4-3.
West Ham: Loveday, Modelski, Craig, Sinclair, Sanchez (McNaughton 60), Brown, Barrett, Moncur, Wearen, Purdy, Hall (Subuola 75), Abdulla (Turgott 65).