Fun for young
FUN free activities will be on offer to help keep Newham s school kids busy this half term. The Newham Holiday School, which runs from February 15 to 19, provides over 50 educational courses for students aged from eight to 19 in the borough. Cllr Qui
FUN free activities will be on offer to help keep Newham's school kids busy this half term.
The Newham Holiday School, which runs from February 15 to 19, provides over 50 educational courses for students aged from eight to 19 in the borough.
Cllr Quintin Peppiatt, executive member for children and young people, said: "These courses aim to improve students' confidence and interest in learning.
"There really is something to suit every taste at the holiday school.
You may also want to watch:
"Young people will have the opportunity to try out fun inspirational subjects they might not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in."
The host of programmes includes "The Junior Apprentice," which provides an insight into the world of business, working as a TV presenter, fashion techniques, cheerleading, go-karting, dance, sport and computer graphics.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
Disabled young people are encouraged to take part. A brochure on the holiday school can be found at www.newham.gov.uk or at service centres, leisure centres and libraries. Places on the courses are allocated on a first come-first served basis and early booking is strongly advised.
For more information call (020) 8430 652