Fun for young
FUN free activities will be on offer to help keep Newham s school kids busy this half term. The Newham Holiday School, which runs from February 15 to 19, provides over 50 educational courses for students aged from eight to 19 in the borough. Cllr Qui
FUN free activities will be on offer to help keep Newham's school kids busy this half term.
The Newham Holiday School, which runs from February 15 to 19, provides over 50 educational courses for students aged from eight to 19 in the borough.
Cllr Quintin Peppiatt, executive member for children and young people, said: "These courses aim to improve students' confidence and interest in learning.
"There really is something to suit every taste at the holiday school.
"Young people will have the opportunity to try out fun inspirational subjects they might not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in."
The host of programmes includes "The Junior Apprentice," which provides an insight into the world of business, working as a TV presenter, fashion techniques, cheerleading, go-karting, dance, sport and computer graphics.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
Disabled young people are encouraged to take part. A brochure on the holiday school can be found at www.newham.gov.uk or at service centres, leisure centres and libraries. Places on the courses are allocated on a first come-first served basis and early booking is strongly advised.
For more information call (020) 8430 652