Fundraising for 3-year-old's life-saving treatment
FUNDRAISING efforts are well under way to get Dagenham three-year-old Fletcher Falvey life-saving cancer treatment in the US. His uncle, John Falvey, organised a charity football tournament in aid of his little nephew and now plans to do a skydive next mo
FUNDRAISING efforts are well under way to get Dagenham three-year-old Fletcher Falvey life-saving cancer treatment in the US.
His uncle, John Falvey, organised a charity football tournament in aid of his little nephew and now plans to do a skydive next month.
The family need to raise �130,000 for proton therapy to treat Fletcher's brain cancer.
Fletcher was diagnosed with an anaplastic ependymoma, a very rare and aggressive form of tumour, in August.
You may also want to watch:
His dad, Noel, joined his brother John on Saturday, October 17 at the Power League football grounds in Forest Road, Ilford.
Dozens of players turned up to join in the matches and �3,265 was raised to help towards Fletcher's treatment.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
His aunt, Carla King, also from Dagenham, did a sponsored walk from the Fiddler's junction to Romford and back on Saturday, October 10. She raised �3,000.
Fletcher, his mum Andrea and Noel, were in Indianapolis last month consulting with doctors on the treatment - safer than chemotherapy for a young child.
Noel's cousins also held a charity football tournament at Power League in Barking that took place on Sunday.
To help Fletcher donate online at www.friendsoffletcher.com.