Gabbidon’s set for Wanderers return
WEST HAM defender Danny Gabbidon is set to return to the bench for Saturday s crunch clash with Bolton at Upton Park on Saturday. The 30-year-old Welsh international has not featured since limping off early on in West Ham s 1-1 draw with Chelsea back in D
WEST HAM defender Danny Gabbidon is set to return to the bench for Saturday's crunch clash with Bolton at Upton Park on Saturday.
The 30-year-old Welsh international has not featured since limping off early on in West Ham's 1-1 draw with Chelsea back in December, but he has been in full training for a couple of weeks now.
With Manuel Da Costa picking up a three-match ban after being sent off for the reserves last week, the need for a centre half on the bench becomes more acute and Gabbidon seems to fit the bill.
Scott Parker is likely to start after missing out on the trip to Manchester United with 'tight muscles'.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder finds himself one booking away from a two-game ban, and a yellow card in the latter stages against Bolton may be the order of the day, meaning he misses the trips to Chelsea and Arsenal, where the Hammers are not expected to score points.
Kieron Dyer will also look to keep his place on the bench after coming through an hour in last week's reserve team win over Chelsea, but manager Gianfranco Zola is likely to stick with the starting line-up that beat Hull City at Upton Park last time out.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Herita Ilunga is expected to be out for another three weeks, while Benni McCarthy is targeting a return for the Chelsea match on March 13.