IT IS the near future, a time when mind-control technology has taken society by storm. Humans control other humans in a mass-scale, multiplayer online game. Reclusive billionaire Ken Castle (Michael C. Hall, of TV s Dexter) has created th
IT IS the near future, a time when mind-control technology has taken society by storm.
Humans control other humans in a mass-scale, multiplayer online game.
Reclusive billionaire Ken Castle (Michael C. Hall, of TV's Dexter) has created the controversial form of entertainment, Slayers, a hugely popular game that allows millions to act out their innermost desires and fantasies online, in front of a global audience.
Gaming has evolved into a terrifying new dimension - mind control and manipulation.
Instead of gamers controlling an animated character, they can now control real people - Death Row prisoners - in death matches.
Any inmate who lives through 30 matches wins his freedom.
- 1 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 10 Dagenham's injury problems building up ahead of Notts County trip
Kable (300's Gerard Butler) is the superstar and cult hero of Slayers, controlled by Simon, a young gamer with rock star status who continues to defy all odds by guiding Kable to victory each week.
Taken from his family, imprisoned and forced to fight against his will, the modern day gladiator must survive long enough to escape the game to free his family, regain his identity and to save mankind from Castle's ruthless technology.
GAMER (18) is a non-stop sci-fi action thriller with an impressive cast, which also includes Krya Sedgwick (TV's The Closer) and John Leguizamo, and could well appeal to fans of The Matrix and Rollerball.