Gary Lucy: I'm petrified by Dancing on Ice
IT IS worlds away from hanging out at Romford Ice Rink, and Chigwell s Gary Lucy admits his appearances on TV show Dancing on Ice have left him far from his comfort zone, writes JENNY COOMBES. But the former Bill and Hollyoaks star says he is having the
IT IS worlds away from hanging out at Romford Ice Rink, and Chigwell's Gary Lucy admits his appearances on TV show Dancing on Ice have left him far from his comfort zone, writes JENNY COOMBES.
But the former Bill and Hollyoaks star says he is having the time of his life as he limbers up each week with dance partner Maria Filippov.
"It's going really well," he said. "I was so nervous the first week and so far out of my comfort zone.
"But if you get the opportunity to do something like this, you've got to take it up.
You may also want to watch:
"I hadn't done much skating before, apart from going down Romford rink.
"I ski as well, but I'm still petrified. I don't think I will ever not be - you're on ice and you're dancing and anything could happen."
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
Gary, 28, said his partner Natasha - a paediatric nurse at Haven House Children's Hospice, Mallinson Park, High Road, Woodford Green - and four-year-old daughter, India Jasmine, have been his strongest supporters during the series.
"My little one comes every Sunday," he said.
"I dread the day I'm going to tell her that it's finished or I won't be able to do it any more."
A former pupil of Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Road, Woodford Green, Gary was catapulted to stardom following his role as Luke Morgan in Channel Four's Hollyoaks.
He has also starred in Footballer's Wives and until recently was known for his role of Will Fletcher in The Bill.
He has also tried his hand at various online projects, including Gary Lucy Real Estate, a website where users can sell their cars, and Driving Lesson Finder.
Gary says the next project on his hit list is to experience life on the other side of the camera, after landing an executive producer role on an upcoming film.
Despite his on-screen fame, he remains committed to his community roots.
He is patron of Haven House Children's Hospice, and has put his name to various fundraising projects.
He said: "I've never flown far from the nest. I think it's nice that you can be proud of where you're from.
"I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone in the area that has voted for me on Dancing on Ice as I wouldn't have got this far without them."
Dancing on Ice is on Fridays and Sundays on ITV1.