Chadwell Heath man wins £8,000 Chris Levine artwork
- Credit: Gary Mansfield
A resident from Chadwell Heath has won a piece of art worth £8,000 with a photograph of a landmark block of flats.
Gary Mansfield, 50, submitted the winning entry to the CROSS competition being run by Art Car Boot Fair, which this year asked the public to submit artistic pictures featuring a cross.
Two days before the competition deadline, Mr Mansfield went for a walk around his local area and walked into the open centre of High View House in Chadwell Heath.
Whilst there, he looked up and noticed that the shape of the building produced a black crucifix of the sky.
He captured the photo and after hearing about the competition he submitted his picture.
You may also want to watch:
He received an email on October 8 from the competition organisers congratulating him on winning the £8,000 prize, which was an original artwork by world famous artist Chris Levine.
Mr Mansfield said: “It’s a real pleasure to have an original work by Chris Levine.”
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 4 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'