Gascoigne family trafficked women for sex trade
A HUNGARIAN family from the Gascoigne estate were convicted of trafficking two women for sexual exploitation and of pimping women as prostitutes. The father, Istvan Kalocsai, 43, was found guilty of trafficking both women into the UK for sexual exploitati
A HUNGARIAN family from the Gascoigne estate were convicted of trafficking two women for sexual exploitation and of pimping women as prostitutes.
The father, Istvan Kalocsai, 43, was found guilty of trafficking both women into the UK for sexual exploitation.
His wife, Istvanne Kalocsai, 40, was found guilty of controlling prostitution for two women.
And their son Istvan Kalocsai Jnr, 21, was found guilty of trafficking one woman into the UK for sexual exploitation and of controlling both women's prostitution.
All three from St Ann's, Barking, pleaded not guilty on Monday April 20 at Inner London Crown Court.
A second son, Gabor Kalocsai, 22, of the same address is also wanted by police; he is believed to be in Hungary.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 9 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
The Kalocsai family were arrested last year after a terrified woman was discovered hiding in London City Airport toilets, begging for safe passage to Hungary.
She had escaped the family's clutches after enduring months of beatings and being forced to work as a prostitute.
The victim originally came from a Hungarian village and was told she could have an all expenses paid trip to the UK where she would work legitimately.
She was collected and driven through Germany by Kalocsai and his two sons.
They immediately began to threaten her and even forced her into prostitution on the journey to the UK.
The victim, who could not speak English, was taken to the Kalocsai family home, bought mini skirts and taught how to "walk like a working girl" by the family mother, Istvanne Kalocsai.
The sons, Gabor and Istvan Jnr. would go out with the victim and negotiate fees with the clients.
On several occasions the victim was assaulted by the father and mother.
She was forced into prostitution for over two months before finally escaping on May 29 2008.
Istvan Snr, Istvanne and Istvan Jnr were arrested at the family home on May 30.
Officers found evidence that a second prostitute was living there; she was also a Hungarian national, prostituted by the family at brothels.
Sentencing will take place on May 11.