Gascoigne family trafficked women for sex trade
A HUNGARIAN family from the Gascoigne estate were convicted of trafficking two women for sexual exploitation and of pimping women as prostitutes. The father, Istvan Kalocsai, 43, was found guilty of trafficking both women into the UK for sexual exploitati
A HUNGARIAN family from the Gascoigne estate were convicted of trafficking two women for sexual exploitation and of pimping women as prostitutes.
The father, Istvan Kalocsai, 43, was found guilty of trafficking both women into the UK for sexual exploitation.
His wife, Istvanne Kalocsai, 40, was found guilty of controlling prostitution for two women.
And their son Istvan Kalocsai Jnr, 21, was found guilty of trafficking one woman into the UK for sexual exploitation and of controlling both women's prostitution.
You may also want to watch:
All three from St Ann's, Barking, pleaded not guilty on Monday April 20 at Inner London Crown Court.
A second son, Gabor Kalocsai, 22, of the same address is also wanted by police; he is believed to be in Hungary.
- 1 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 2 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
The Kalocsai family were arrested last year after a terrified woman was discovered hiding in London City Airport toilets, begging for safe passage to Hungary.
She had escaped the family's clutches after enduring months of beatings and being forced to work as a prostitute.
The victim originally came from a Hungarian village and was told she could have an all expenses paid trip to the UK where she would work legitimately.
She was collected and driven through Germany by Kalocsai and his two sons.
They immediately began to threaten her and even forced her into prostitution on the journey to the UK.
The victim, who could not speak English, was taken to the Kalocsai family home, bought mini skirts and taught how to "walk like a working girl" by the family mother, Istvanne Kalocsai.
The sons, Gabor and Istvan Jnr. would go out with the victim and negotiate fees with the clients.
On several occasions the victim was assaulted by the father and mother.
She was forced into prostitution for over two months before finally escaping on May 29 2008.
Istvan Snr, Istvanne and Istvan Jnr were arrested at the family home on May 30.
Officers found evidence that a second prostitute was living there; she was also a Hungarian national, prostituted by the family at brothels.
Sentencing will take place on May 11.