Gavin & Stacey star mans the decks
GAVIN & Stacey star Mathew Horne hosts a series of Club Xfm nights in Shoreditch, starting tomorrow (Thurs). The actor, pictured at last summer s Isle of Wight Festival, who plays Gavin in the hit BBC sitcom, is the latest celebrity to host the indie and
GAVIN & Stacey star Mathew Horne hosts a series of Club Xfm nights in Shoreditch, starting tomorrow (Thurs).
The actor, pictured at last summer's Isle of Wight Festival, who plays Gavin in the hit BBC sitcom, is the latest celebrity to host the indie and electro club nights that will be held every Thursday at nightclub, Mother, Old Street.
The first night coincides with the launch of Franz Ferdinand's new album.
Mat and resident DJ Midnite Socialite will DJ every week alongside other guest DJs including Dan Le Sac and The Maccabees, and the occasional band playing a very intimate live set.
Jim Benner, events manager for The Xfm Network, said: "It's great to see a genuine fan of the station to get involved in Club Xfm.
"We are very excited to have Mat Horne on board."
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 6 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 10 Jailed: Man set woman's family home on fire after campaign of harassment
Mat said: "Curating and creating this night gives me and other bands and DJs I like the opportunity to play wall-to-wall indie bangers to loadsa bowl-heads and dudes in checked shirts! Every week! Dream!"
Tickets cost �5 and are available on the door. Doors 9pm - 2am.