Geoff is on the mark in stableford competition
ILFORD Golf Club men s section had a busy weekend with the Saturday Stableford and Sunday Bogey competitions. The Stableford competition saw some high scoring, with the near perfect conditions playing its role. Geoff Allen won the Division One title wit
ILFORD Golf Club men's section had a busy weekend with the Saturday Stableford and Sunday Bogey competitions.
The Stableford competition saw some high scoring, with the near perfect conditions playing its role.
Geoff Allen won the Division One title with a huge 44 points, while Malcolm Marsh took second with 37 and Mahboob Khaliq won Division Two with 42 points, with Eric Mooney earning second with 40.
In the Sunday Bogey, Ilford junior Jack Bulley saw his recent form continue with a win in Division One, finishing with a plus-two score, narrowly beating Paul Richardson on count-back, who also finished with a plus-two.
You may also want to watch:
The Division Two title was won by Frank Hall with a plus-two score, whilst Steve Cater finished second with a level score.
The Ladies section held their April Medal, with captain Tracy Lawrence winning with a net 67. Maura Gallagher finished second with a net 70.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
Elsewhere, Ilford Golf Club committee member Justin Richards won in the first round of the Essex Golf Union organised Essex Matchplay Championships, also known as The Alan Lockwood Trophy.
Richards had to play Ryan Bromage at Boyce Hill Golf Club and, in a tight match, ran out the winner on the last hole, finishing two-up.
He now enters the second round of the competition with two other Ilford members, Ian Morgan and Jeff Ball, both of whom had byes through the first round.