Geoff is on the mark in stableford competition
ILFORD Golf Club men s section had a busy weekend with the Saturday Stableford and Sunday Bogey competitions. The Stableford competition saw some high scoring, with the near perfect conditions playing its role. Geoff Allen won the Division One title wit
ILFORD Golf Club men's section had a busy weekend with the Saturday Stableford and Sunday Bogey competitions.
The Stableford competition saw some high scoring, with the near perfect conditions playing its role.
Geoff Allen won the Division One title with a huge 44 points, while Malcolm Marsh took second with 37 and Mahboob Khaliq won Division Two with 42 points, with Eric Mooney earning second with 40.
In the Sunday Bogey, Ilford junior Jack Bulley saw his recent form continue with a win in Division One, finishing with a plus-two score, narrowly beating Paul Richardson on count-back, who also finished with a plus-two.
You may also want to watch:
The Division Two title was won by Frank Hall with a plus-two score, whilst Steve Cater finished second with a level score.
The Ladies section held their April Medal, with captain Tracy Lawrence winning with a net 67. Maura Gallagher finished second with a net 70.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
Elsewhere, Ilford Golf Club committee member Justin Richards won in the first round of the Essex Golf Union organised Essex Matchplay Championships, also known as The Alan Lockwood Trophy.
Richards had to play Ryan Bromage at Boyce Hill Golf Club and, in a tight match, ran out the winner on the last hole, finishing two-up.
He now enters the second round of the competition with two other Ilford members, Ian Morgan and Jeff Ball, both of whom had byes through the first round.