Geoff Lokey in Luton writes
Totally agree with Gareth Clarke. What else do we expect as Hammers fans? We scraped together only 42 goals last season and still managed to finish 9th. I doubt if we ll score many more this season and we certainly won t be that high, trust me. It s a
Totally agree with Gareth Clarke. What else do we expect as Hammers' fans?
We scraped together only 42 goals last season and still managed to finish 9th.
I doubt if we'll score many more this season and we certainly won't be that high, trust me.
It's all part and parcel of being an Irons fan and I've suffered for 45 years.
You may also want to watch:
The season after the World Cup win we scored 80 goals, conceded 84 and came 12th. And that was with King Bobby in the defence!!!
Those were the days of 5 all draws at the Bridge, 4-3 at Totts etc etc.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 10 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
Now it's try to pinch a goal and hang on, and especially at home we struggle as our home record shows from last season. But we have a sound defence and a hardworking midfield and we'll just have to make do!!!!!!!!!