Geoff Lokey in Luton writes
Totally agree with Gareth Clarke. What else do we expect as Hammers fans? We scraped together only 42 goals last season and still managed to finish 9th. I doubt if we ll score many more this season and we certainly won t be that high, trust me. It s a
Totally agree with Gareth Clarke. What else do we expect as Hammers' fans?
We scraped together only 42 goals last season and still managed to finish 9th.
I doubt if we'll score many more this season and we certainly won't be that high, trust me.
It's all part and parcel of being an Irons fan and I've suffered for 45 years.
The season after the World Cup win we scored 80 goals, conceded 84 and came 12th. And that was with King Bobby in the defence!!!
Those were the days of 5 all draws at the Bridge, 4-3 at Totts etc etc.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
Now it's try to pinch a goal and hang on, and especially at home we struggle as our home record shows from last season. But we have a sound defence and a hardworking midfield and we'll just have to make do!!!!!!!!!