Geraint upset as his side slip up
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams was frustrated as he watched his side slip to their first defeat of the season on Saturday. I m disappointed with the performance. It was a scrappy game from the start, he said. It was stop-start and it turned into battl
ORIENT manager Geraint Williams was frustrated as he watched his side slip to their first defeat of the season on Saturday.
"I'm disappointed with the performance. It was a scrappy game from the start," he said.
"It was stop-start and it turned into battle, but I can't remember them really creating anything in open play, but we gifted them two goals, so it's a disappointing day all round.
"We've spoken about being positive from the start, but we never got going.
"It turned into a game of free-kicks and we ended up knocking aimless balls 50-60 yards forward and that's not how we play.
"Give Oldham some credit, they made it difficult. They hustled us and put us under pressure on the ball, but we made too many bad decisions and too many bad errors and it has cost us three points.
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter
- 10 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures