BRIAN Weathersby (Paul Dano) is a single, 28-year-old salesman at a posh mattress store. The youngest son in a trio of successful brothers, he was the afterthought child to elderly parents and is searching for his place in the world. Unfulfilled by his
BRIAN Weathersby (Paul Dano) is a single, 28-year-old salesman at a posh mattress store.
The youngest son in a trio of successful brothers, he was the afterthought child to elderly parents and is searching for his place in the world.
Unfulfilled by his work, he spends a good portion of his day pursuing his goal of someday adopting a baby from China.
He gets swept up in a romance with the lovely, but misguided, Harriet Lolly (Zooey Deschanel) when she comes into his store one day and falls asleep on one of his beds.
You may also want to watch:
In order to win her over he must compete with her bear of a father, Al, (John Goodman) an art-collecting loudmouth with a bad back and deep pockets.
GIGANTIC (15) is a funny, surreal love story about the anxiety that comes along when two people with crazy families collide unexpectedly and fall for each other.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season