Girl, 15, stalked by her sex attacker
Zjan Shirinian A 15-YEAR-OLD girl sexually assaulted by a middle-aged man is too scared to leave her home after being confronted by her attacker for a third time. The Dagenham girl was approached by the unknown predator on Monday as she made her way along Green Lane, Da
A 15-YEAR-OLD girl sexually assaulted by a middle-aged man is too scared to leave her home after being confronted by her attacker for a third time.
The Dagenham girl was approached by the unknown predator on Monday as she made her way along Green Lane, Dagenham, to get a loaf of bread.
He had previously assaulted her in December in Burnside Road, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
According to the girl's mum, this week the sex attacker tried to talk to her and then started to follow her, before the terrified youngster sought refuge in a chip shop.
In January, he made a similar attempt to grab her attention outside Chadwell Heath Station, Station Road, Chadwell Heath, when he shouted: "Oi, come over here."
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
The frightened youngster has not been out since Monday and is refusing to go to school or leave her home.
Her mum said: "I'm scared to even let her out of my sight.
"I don't really want her to miss school but she's just terrified. She doesn't know who the man is.
"We really want this person caught before he harms anyone else."
Police are investigating December's sex attack, and are looking for a woman who walked past as the assault was happening in Burnside Road, Dagenham, but did not intervene.
Speaking of that attack, the teenager's mum said: "We had been taking her to school. She didn't want to socialise with friends and didn't want to walk alone. Someone would chaperone her everwhere."
The man is described as being in his 40s, black and speaking with a Caribbean accent.