Girl, 15, dies four days after incident at Barking's Capital Karts
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
A 15-year-old girl has died four days after an incident at Capital Karts in Barking.
The Metropolitan Police said they were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) shortly after 3pm on Friday (August 6) to reports of an injured teenager at a commercial premises in Ripple Road.
An LAS spokesperson said they were called at 2.23pm to reports of the incident.
They added: “We sent a number of resources including an ambulance, medics in response cars, an advanced paramedic and an incident response officer.
"We also dispatched London’s air ambulance. We treated a person at the scene before taking them to a London major trauma centre.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Barking and Dagenham Council confirmed the incident took place at the popular venue.
The Met has confirmed that the youngster was pronounced dead on Tuesday (August 10) and that her family is aware.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 4 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 9 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 10 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip
Officers are liaising with health and safety officials from the council and enquiries continue into the circumstances.