Ofsted upgrades rating of Dagenham all-through school
- Credit: United Learning
An all-through school is celebrating after Ofsted upgraded its rating to Good.
The education watchdog added that Goresbrook School had some outstanding qualities - an upgrade on the Requires Improvement rating it was handed in 2017.
Inspectors who visited the Cook Road, Dagenham school found that there was a "culture of the highest aspirations and expectations for all".
Teaching was said to be "good across the school," while pupils in both the primary and secondary phases were said to be making good progress and were also found to be polite and courteous to other children and staff.
It was the second inspection to be carried out at the school since it opened in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Secondary principal Megan Harris said: "We are delighted with the inspectors' comments, which recognise the efforts and determination of pupils and staff alike across our school in creating an environment in which everyone can succeed and thrive."
- 1 Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- 2 Calls to remove Dagenham 5G mast after blaze
- 3 New freeport in Dagenham gets the green light from the chancellor
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 5 Stabbing in Barking leaves man fighting for his life
- 6 Police raid Barking addresses in operation to stop revenge gang attacks
- 7 Council tax is rising by five per cent in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 'Half of 5G phone mast' in Dagenham left damaged by late night fire
- 9 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 10 Future is bright for borough's youth