Ofsted upgrades rating of Dagenham all-through school
- Credit: United Learning
An all-through school is celebrating after Ofsted upgraded its rating to Good.
The education watchdog added that Goresbrook School had some outstanding qualities - an upgrade on the Requires Improvement rating it was handed in 2017.
Inspectors who visited the Cook Road, Dagenham school found that there was a "culture of the highest aspirations and expectations for all".
Teaching was said to be "good across the school," while pupils in both the primary and secondary phases were said to be making good progress and were also found to be polite and courteous to other children and staff.
It was the second inspection to be carried out at the school since it opened in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Secondary principal Megan Harris said: "We are delighted with the inspectors' comments, which recognise the efforts and determination of pupils and staff alike across our school in creating an environment in which everyone can succeed and thrive."
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 5 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 8 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath