Gr-eight Misfits’ victory earns runners-up spot
NICKED IT! Misfits stole second place from Clappers in a dramatic last week of bowling in the Sunday Trios scratch league at Dagenham Bowling. An 8-0 win gave them 187 points, one in front of Clappers, who had been in the top two for most of the season, b
NICKED IT! Misfits stole second place from Clappers in a dramatic last week of bowling in the Sunday Trios scratch league at Dagenham Bowling.
An 8-0 win gave them 187 points, one in front of Clappers, who had been in the top two for most of the season, but finished third following a 6-2 reverse at the hands of the champions, Rat Pack.
Pinball Wizards won the handicap league, six ahead of Cobras in second, with Pinpals taking third place.
High games on the final night of the season came from Asad Khan with 227, John Hearne with 215, Colin Grainger with 213 and Rebecca Martin with 208.
You may also want to watch:
High series came from Asad Khan with 588, John Hearne with 539, Colin Grainger with 515, Rebecca Martin with 512 and Alan Jones with 500.
Final results of the season: Cobras 0 Misfits 8 (0-8); The Three Ks 0 Pinpals 8 (0-8); Clappers 2 Rat Pack 6 (2-6) and Pinball Wizards 4 The A Team 4 (0-8).
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Allan Park topped the men's averages with 181.05, with Rebecca Martin topping the ladies with 157.5.
The league's new season begins - with the possibility of extra teams involved - on September 6.