Great Scott: Mac back at Orient
NEW Orient boss Geraint Williams has wasted little time boosting his attacking options, by signing striker Scott McGleish on loan from Wycombe Wanderers until the end of the season. It will be the 35-year-old striker s third spell at Brisbane Road and he
NEW Orient boss Geraint Williams has wasted little time boosting his attacking options, by signing striker Scott McGleish on loan from Wycombe Wanderers until the end of the season.
It will be the 35-year-old striker's third spell at Brisbane Road and he becomes Williams' first signing. He will go straight into the squad for Saturday's relegation showdown with Crewe Alexandra.
Orient, the lowest scorers in League One, need more firepower and Williams believes that McGleish, who has scored over 200 career goals, fits the bill.
The pair have worked together before as McGleish had a spell at Colchester when Williams was assistant manager at the Essex club.
You may also want to watch:
McGleish, who has already been on loan at Northampton Town this season, started his career at Charlton and spent a loan spell at Brisbane Road in 1994-95.
Following a brief spell at Peterborough, he joined Orient in November 1996 and scored seven league goals in 36 games. He went on to play for Barnet, Colchester, Northampton and Wycombe, where he scored 26 goals last season.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 10 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls