Great Scott: Mac back at Orient
NEW Orient boss Geraint Williams has wasted little time boosting his attacking options, by signing striker Scott McGleish on loan from Wycombe Wanderers until the end of the season. It will be the 35-year-old striker s third spell at Brisbane Road and he
NEW Orient boss Geraint Williams has wasted little time boosting his attacking options, by signing striker Scott McGleish on loan from Wycombe Wanderers until the end of the season.
It will be the 35-year-old striker's third spell at Brisbane Road and he becomes Williams' first signing. He will go straight into the squad for Saturday's relegation showdown with Crewe Alexandra.
Orient, the lowest scorers in League One, need more firepower and Williams believes that McGleish, who has scored over 200 career goals, fits the bill.
The pair have worked together before as McGleish had a spell at Colchester when Williams was assistant manager at the Essex club.
You may also want to watch:
McGleish, who has already been on loan at Northampton Town this season, started his career at Charlton and spent a loan spell at Brisbane Road in 1994-95.
Following a brief spell at Peterborough, he joined Orient in November 1996 and scored seven league goals in 36 games. He went on to play for Barnet, Colchester, Northampton and Wycombe, where he scored 26 goals last season.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences