Green gauges an inflation problem!
ROBERT GREEN has accused his West Ham team-mates of having an inflated view of themselves following the club s disappointing start to the campaign, writes Kirk Blows. The Hammers have not won a league game since the opening day of the season and crashed o
ROBERT GREEN has accused his West Ham team-mates of having an inflated view of themselves following the club's disappointing start to the campaign, writes Kirk Blows.
The Hammers have not won a league game since the opening day of the season and crashed out of the Carling Cup at Bolton on Tuesday.
And the England goalkeeper believes the display at the Reebok, in which West Ham were beaten 3-1 in extra-time, suggests an attitude problem.
Green said: "We didn't play any football in the second half and I think we're getting above ourselves, thinking we're better than we are at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
"We're in a position where we have to get results. Like Saturday (against Liverpool), we didn't defend well for 90 minutes and didn't take our chances.
"We were sloppy at both ends and you know when you come to Bolton you're going to concede free-kicks and corners and so it proved.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
"I think they scored off their 16th corner and with five minutes to go, you have to defend properly.
"We didn't and it cost us. We didn't play well enough before or after our goal to kill the game off.