Green quiz puts schools in the pink
QUICK-WITTED green warriors pulled in hundreds of pounds after taking part in a school quiz seeking to boost recycling, and protect the environment. Victorious children at Hunters Hall Primary, Alibon Road, Dagenham, scooped �300 for their school last wee
QUICK-WITTED green warriors pulled in hundreds of pounds after taking part in a school quiz seeking to boost recycling, and protect the environment.
Victorious children at Hunters Hall Primary, Alibon Road, Dagenham, scooped �300 for their school last week.
Runners-up were Northbury Junior, North Street, Barking, with third placed Roding Primary, Hewett Road, Dagenham, each winning �150.
Thirty children from six primary schools took part in the Barking and Dagenham Council organised environmental quiz at St Margaret's Primary, North Street, Barking. Hunters Hall winner Danielle Odago said: "Recycling bins are used in our class, and we work on a recycling project in year six.
"We worked well as a team, and I was really happy when it was announced that our school won."
Quiz organiser Gus Nwanze - one of Barking's original street wardens - said: "It is important for children to know about how they can help the environment."
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Dagenham landlord fined for unlawful eviction after secretly changing locks
The quiz was sponsored by businesses including Glenny and McDonald's.