Greens given frosty reception at Sno-akside
BETHNAL GREEN UNITED were one of the many clubs up and down the country hit by the arctic conditions at the weekend, as their Essex Senior League Cup quarter-final at Barkingside was called off due to a frozen pitch. Clapton s game at Mauritius Sports als
BETHNAL GREEN UNITED were one of the many clubs up and down the country hit by the arctic conditions at the weekend, as their Essex Senior League Cup quarter-final at Barkingside was called off due to a frozen pitch.
Clapton's game at Mauritius Sports also fell by the wayside, as did London APSA's League Cup quarter-final second leg clash at home to Takeley.
No dates have been set for the re-arranged fixtures as the Recorder went to press.
If the weather improves, APSA are due to travel to Takeley on Boxing Day with kick-off at 12-noon.
You may also want to watch:
Both Clapton and Bethnal Green are without matches over the festive period, with neither side scheduled for action until the new year.
The Greens, managed by Justin Gardner, visit Stansted, while the Tons host Bowers & Pitsea, with the games on Saturday, January 2.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
On the same day, APSA are in action as well, entertaining mid-table side Eton Manor.
APSA and Clapton will be hoping for better fortunes in 2010, as they are currently in the bottom four, while United will hope to revive their promotion challenge, as they have dropped to sixth in the table.