Guide dog ban could be faith related
REGARDING the visually impaired gentleman who was refused access to a caf� in Barking because he had his Guide Dog with him. There are a number of increasing incidents to suggest this far more common than many people realise, and this can be due to many
REGARDING the visually impaired gentleman who was refused access to a caf� in Barking because he had his Guide Dog with him.
There are a number of increasing incidents to suggest this far more common than many people realise, and this can be due to many different things.
First of all, if shop owners are of the Islamic Faith they believe dogs saliva to be impure and will be very reluctant to admit a dog onto their premises.
This is by no means a smaller matter to practicing Muslims, but should it override the Disability Discrimination Act and the Law of this Land?
Also practicing Muslims believe that a premises is deprived of the Mercy of Allah Taala and that Angels will not enter if a dog or a picture of a dog is on the premises.
This could be a reason why visually impaired people and their dogs are refused access to many shops in areas that have a high number of Muslim shopkeepers.
- 1 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 10 Dagenham's injury problems building up ahead of Notts County trip
I understand this is a difficult situation to resolve.
Even with more publicity from the Guide Dogs for the Blind on this issue it is highly unlikely to procure a satisfactory outcome for all the people involved.
Name and address supplied