Guides back after surge in brownies
A GUIDES group that folded a year ago is back after its sister brownies pack saw numbers triple in six months. The Third Dagenham, Guides, for 10 to 14-year-olds, are being relaunched this month at Dagenham Parish Church Hall, Exeter Road, Dagenham. The u
A GUIDES group that folded a year ago is back after its sister brownies pack saw numbers triple in six months.
The Third Dagenham, Guides, for 10 to 14-year-olds, are being relaunched this month at Dagenham Parish Church Hall, Exeter Road, Dagenham.
The unit disappeared after volunteers moved on. The Third Dagenham, Brownies had nine members in September, but after being more active in the community their ranks have risen to 32 .
The guides enjoy outings, trips, concerts, sleepovers and will help customers pack their shopping at Morrison's supermarket, Wood Lane, Dagenham, on March 21.
You may also want to watch:
Leader Vicki Thomas, 24, puts down her professional success as a primary school teacher to the skills she gained when she was a brownie.
Miss Thomas, of Oval Road North, Dagenham, said: "When I was growing up I was looking forward to the meetings every Thursday. I learned quite a few new skills, like working as part of a team, crafts and going out."
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 10 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
Last month the brownies had a sleepover at the Guide Association's headquarters in London and spent time at its activity centre, Icando.
As part of the trip they saw the musical Wicked.