Gunman on the Gascoigne Estate
A GUN totting thug shot a 21-year-old man in the leg after he confronted him about hanging around the Gascoigne Estate. The victim became suspicious when he saw the youngster, believed to be in his late teens, lurking outside Bamber House, St Margaret s,
A GUN totting thug shot a 21-year-old man in the leg after he confronted him about hanging around the Gascoigne Estate.
The victim became suspicious when he saw the youngster, believed to be in his late teens, lurking outside Bamber House, St Margaret's, Barking.
He approached the youth at about 7.30pm on Sunday May 17 and a fight ensued during which the gunman shot the victim in his left thigh.
The seriously injured man then ran to the nearest shop to call for help was taken to Queen's Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A Gascoigne resident called the police but the gunman had disappeared.
Police have described the suspect as black, aged in his late teens or early 20s, wearing black clothing and a baseball cap.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 7 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 8 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the north-east Trident shootings team on 020 8217 7366 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.