Gunman on the Gascoigne Estate
A GUN totting thug shot a 21-year-old man in the leg after he confronted him about hanging around the Gascoigne Estate. The victim became suspicious when he saw the youngster, believed to be in his late teens, lurking outside Bamber House, St Margaret s,
A GUN totting thug shot a 21-year-old man in the leg after he confronted him about hanging around the Gascoigne Estate.
The victim became suspicious when he saw the youngster, believed to be in his late teens, lurking outside Bamber House, St Margaret's, Barking.
He approached the youth at about 7.30pm on Sunday May 17 and a fight ensued during which the gunman shot the victim in his left thigh.
The seriously injured man then ran to the nearest shop to call for help was taken to Queen's Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A Gascoigne resident called the police but the gunman had disappeared.
Police have described the suspect as black, aged in his late teens or early 20s, wearing black clothing and a baseball cap.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the north-east Trident shootings team on 020 8217 7366 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.