Gunman on the Gascoigne Estate
A GUN totting thug shot a 21-year-old man in the leg after he confronted him about hanging around the Gascoigne Estate. The victim became suspicious when he saw the youngster, believed to be in his late teens, lurking outside Bamber House, St Margaret s,
A GUN totting thug shot a 21-year-old man in the leg after he confronted him about hanging around the Gascoigne Estate.
The victim became suspicious when he saw the youngster, believed to be in his late teens, lurking outside Bamber House, St Margaret's, Barking.
He approached the youth at about 7.30pm on Sunday May 17 and a fight ensued during which the gunman shot the victim in his left thigh.
The seriously injured man then ran to the nearest shop to call for help was taken to Queen's Hospital for treatment.
A Gascoigne resident called the police but the gunman had disappeared.
Police have described the suspect as black, aged in his late teens or early 20s, wearing black clothing and a baseball cap.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the north-east Trident shootings team on 020 8217 7366 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.