Hall’s late goal beats Addicks
West Ham United 2 Charlton Athletic 1 HOT-PROSPECT Robert Hall came off the bench to grab an impressive winner as West Ham s Academy boys beat Charlton at Little Heath on Saturday morning. The match seemed to be heading for a 1-1 draw in difficult windy c
West Ham United 2 Charlton Athletic 1
HOT-PROSPECT Robert Hall came off the bench to grab an impressive winner as West Ham's Academy boys beat Charlton at Little Heath on Saturday morning.
The match seemed to be heading for a 1-1 draw in difficult windy conditions, when Christian Montano played a clever through-ball for 15-year-old Hall to run on to.
The goalkeeper got there first, but then fumbled and the England under-16 international reacted first to the loose ball to curl in a shot from an acute angle and complete the victory.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham had gone in front as early as the second minute when Anthony Edgar was on target, but Charlton hit back on the half hour with a goal of their own.
West Ham kept going until the end though and Hall's winner meant it is now three victories on the trot for Tony Carr's men.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
They will hope to make it four on Saturday when they travel to Ipswich Town, a side that beat them 4-2 at Little Heath earlier in the season.