Hall’s late goal beats Addicks
West Ham United 2 Charlton Athletic 1 HOT-PROSPECT Robert Hall came off the bench to grab an impressive winner as West Ham s Academy boys beat Charlton at Little Heath on Saturday morning. The match seemed to be heading for a 1-1 draw in difficult windy c
West Ham United 2 Charlton Athletic 1
HOT-PROSPECT Robert Hall came off the bench to grab an impressive winner as West Ham's Academy boys beat Charlton at Little Heath on Saturday morning.
The match seemed to be heading for a 1-1 draw in difficult windy conditions, when Christian Montano played a clever through-ball for 15-year-old Hall to run on to.
The goalkeeper got there first, but then fumbled and the England under-16 international reacted first to the loose ball to curl in a shot from an acute angle and complete the victory.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham had gone in front as early as the second minute when Anthony Edgar was on target, but Charlton hit back on the half hour with a goal of their own.
West Ham kept going until the end though and Hall's winner meant it is now three victories on the trot for Tony Carr's men.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
They will hope to make it four on Saturday when they travel to Ipswich Town, a side that beat them 4-2 at Little Heath earlier in the season.