Hall’s late goal beats Addicks
West Ham United 2 Charlton Athletic 1 HOT-PROSPECT Robert Hall came off the bench to grab an impressive winner as West Ham s Academy boys beat Charlton at Little Heath on Saturday morning. The match seemed to be heading for a 1-1 draw in difficult windy c
West Ham United 2 Charlton Athletic 1
HOT-PROSPECT Robert Hall came off the bench to grab an impressive winner as West Ham's Academy boys beat Charlton at Little Heath on Saturday morning.
The match seemed to be heading for a 1-1 draw in difficult windy conditions, when Christian Montano played a clever through-ball for 15-year-old Hall to run on to.
The goalkeeper got there first, but then fumbled and the England under-16 international reacted first to the loose ball to curl in a shot from an acute angle and complete the victory.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham had gone in front as early as the second minute when Anthony Edgar was on target, but Charlton hit back on the half hour with a goal of their own.
West Ham kept going until the end though and Hall's winner meant it is now three victories on the trot for Tony Carr's men.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 4 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
They will hope to make it four on Saturday when they travel to Ipswich Town, a side that beat them 4-2 at Little Heath earlier in the season.