Hall strikes at the double
WEST HAM youngster Robert Hall came off the bench to score two goals for the England under-17s side on Monday in Azerbaijan. The 16-year-old prospect helped England to a 6-2 victory over Kazakhstan in their opening match in the four-team qualifying group
WEST HAM youngster Robert Hall came off the bench to score two goals for the England under-17s side on Monday in Azerbaijan.
The 16-year-old prospect helped England to a 6-2 victory over Kazakhstan in their opening match in the four-team qualifying group for next year's European under-17 Championship.
Hall came on just after the hour and took just four minutes to open his account, before adding a second.
He will hope to have secured a starting place for today's (Wednesday's) clash with hosts Azerbaijan, before they round off their group matches against Serbia on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The top two nations in the group will progress to the Elite qualifying round next Spring, before the eight-team finals which will be held in Liechtenstein next May.
MEANWHILE another West Ham prospect was performing in the FIFA under-17 World Cup on Sunday.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
Academy goalkeeper Deniz Mehmet kept a clean sheet as his native Turkey beat Burkino Faso 1-0 in their opening game in Nigeria.