Hamlets bowled over
Tower Hamlets boys triumphed in the Balfour Beatty London Youth Games Cricket Cup on Saturday and were crowned champions of London. The event, hosted at Lord s Indoor Cricket School, saw Tower Hamlets overcome Hillingdon and Hounslow in the quarter-fin
Tower Hamlets' boys triumphed in the Balfour Beatty London Youth Games Cricket Cup on Saturday and were crowned champions of London.
The event, hosted at Lord's Indoor Cricket School, saw Tower Hamlets' overcome Hillingdon and Hounslow in the quarter-final and semi-final, before taking on Redbridge in the final.
Hamlets reached 100-4 from their 10 overs, and some exceptional fielding saw Redbridge dismissed for just 45.
Jack Ford, Tower Hamlets' coach, and Chris Willetts, Tower Hamlets' school sport partnership manager, were delighted with the win and said. "We're proud of how both teams performed today at Lord's. The boys performed really well and there were some great performances throughout the games. We'll be back next year to defend our trophy."
You may also want to watch:
The borough's girls were beaten in their quarter-final by Merton.
Boys squad, (pictued above): Masud Ahmed, Sazidur Rahman, Akram Khan, Rahi Robiul, Shaykul Hoque, Jogrul Ahmed, Habib Ali Chowdhury, Panna Hussain, Afjal Hussain, Layek Harim.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest