Hammers rack up huge agents’ fees
WEST HAM paid out a staggering �3,576,972 to agents between October 2008 and September of this year - the seventh highest in the Premier League. The figure, which includes players transferred in as well as 10 players signing new deals at the club, is beat
WEST HAM paid out a staggering �3,576,972 to agents between October 2008 and September of this year - the seventh highest in the Premier League.
The figure, which includes players transferred in as well as 10 players signing new deals at the club, is beaten only by Arsenal, Wigan, Spurs, Liver-pool, Chelsea and Man-chester City who splashed out nearly �13m on agents.
West Ham brought in 10 players in that time period, with Savio at �5.5m being the most expensive, followed by the �5m they spent on Valon Behrami.
They also paid instalments on new contracts signed by players such as Dean Ashton, Carlton Cole and Scott Parker as well as other instalments on players bought during the heady days of Eggert Magnusson.
You may also want to watch:
Others coming into the club in that time included Herita Ilunga, Luis Jimenez, Frank Nouble, Fabio Daprela, Radoslav Kovac, Alessandro Diamanti, Manuel Da Costa, Guillermo Franco and Diego Tristan.
At the bottom of the table were Birmingham City, Stoke City and Burnley, who spent just �466,000, all of whom sit above West Ham in the Premier League.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors