Handy Peters fires as leaders downed
Langdon 32 Ingrebourne 28 LANGDON put in a superb display to claim victory against top of the table Ingrebourne. Player of the match, Danielle Peters, played some outstanding netball at wing attack, with some superb interceptions and defending. Langdon
LANGDON put in a superb display to claim victory against top of the table Ingrebourne.
Player of the match, Danielle Peters, played some outstanding netball at wing attack, with some superb interceptions and defending.
Langdon 33 Sapphire 28
LANGDON gained victory against a strong Sapphire team.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
Maree Walker had a tremendous game at goal defence, with some brilliant interceptions forcing the Sapphire shooters to make a number of mistakes.
The stand-out performer was goal shooter Alison Diver as she was on top form with some excellent shooting, to earn the player of the match award.
Langdon II 49 Ilford 15
LANGDON seconds produced a stellar performance to defeat Ilford.
The hosts were in control from the start and played well to register a convincing win.
Some excellent defending by Rachel Duller, at goal defence, and Katisha Christie, at goalkeeper, inspired the rest of their team-mates.
They intercepted plenty of passes to deny Ilford shooting opportunities and this allowed the seconds to steadily increase their lead and claim victory.
Langdon II 39 Oakwood C 16
LANGDON seconds saw off an experienced Oakwood side.
There were again good performances from Rachel Duller and Katisha Christie which, in turn, enabled the rest of the team to step up to the plate.
Sophie Howard was in excellent form and again received the player of the match award for her outstanding play and shooting.
Marsha Clarke also played a key role as centre to link some good defensive and attacking moves to ensure the win for Langdon seconds.
The team held the lead throughout the match and now sit fourth in the table, setting their sights firmly on promotion.