Handy Peters fires as leaders downed
Langdon 32 Ingrebourne 28 LANGDON put in a superb display to claim victory against top of the table Ingrebourne. Player of the match, Danielle Peters, played some outstanding netball at wing attack, with some superb interceptions and defending. Langdon
LANGDON put in a superb display to claim victory against top of the table Ingrebourne.
Player of the match, Danielle Peters, played some outstanding netball at wing attack, with some superb interceptions and defending.
You may also want to watch:
Langdon 33 Sapphire 28
LANGDON gained victory against a strong Sapphire team.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
Maree Walker had a tremendous game at goal defence, with some brilliant interceptions forcing the Sapphire shooters to make a number of mistakes.
The stand-out performer was goal shooter Alison Diver as she was on top form with some excellent shooting, to earn the player of the match award.
Langdon II 49 Ilford 15
LANGDON seconds produced a stellar performance to defeat Ilford.
The hosts were in control from the start and played well to register a convincing win.
Some excellent defending by Rachel Duller, at goal defence, and Katisha Christie, at goalkeeper, inspired the rest of their team-mates.
They intercepted plenty of passes to deny Ilford shooting opportunities and this allowed the seconds to steadily increase their lead and claim victory.
Langdon II 39 Oakwood C 16
LANGDON seconds saw off an experienced Oakwood side.
There were again good performances from Rachel Duller and Katisha Christie which, in turn, enabled the rest of the team to step up to the plate.
Sophie Howard was in excellent form and again received the player of the match award for her outstanding play and shooting.
Marsha Clarke also played a key role as centre to link some good defensive and attacking moves to ensure the win for Langdon seconds.
The team held the lead throughout the match and now sit fourth in the table, setting their sights firmly on promotion.