Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (12A)
EMBOLDENED by the return of Lord Voldemort, the Death Eaters are wreaking havoc in both the muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. In HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (12A) our young wizard suspects that
EMBOLDENED by the return of Lord Voldemort, the Death Eaters are wreaking havoc in both the muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was.
In HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (12A) our young wizard suspects that new dangers may lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching.
He needs Harry to help him uncover a vital key to unlocking Voldemort's defences - critical information known only to Hogwarts' former Potions Professor, Horace Slughorn.
With that in mind, Dumbledore manipulates his old colleague into returning to his previous post with promises of more money, a bigger office, and the chance to teach the famous Harry Potter.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts.
Harry's long friendship with Ginny Weasley is growing, but standing in the way is Ginny's boyfriend, not to mention her big brother Ron.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
But Ron's got romantic entanglements of his own to worry about, with Lavender Brown lavishing her affections on him, leaving Hermione simmering with jealousy yet determined not to show her feelings.
Daniel Radcliffe, who has played Harry since the beginning, says: "For me, the films have always been about a loss of innocence.
"When Harry came into this world, it was all just amazing and brilliant and kind of pure. But as the films have gone on, that's totally disintegrated, and he's realising that the wizarding world has just as many, if not more, challenges than the world he grew up in before.