Harry's game is a real joy
IT S time for a little bit of Harry s Game for this week s Days of the Old School Yard. We go back in time for a picture headed War Time School Days 1939 to 1945. It comes from Harry Lacey, who used to live in Chadd Street in Plaistow but now resides in R
IT'S time for a little bit of Harry's Game for this week's Days of the Old School Yard.
We go back in time for a picture headed War Time School Days 1939 to 1945.
It comes from Harry Lacey, who used to live in Chadd Street in Plaistow but now resides in Rochford in Essex.
The picture is from Upton Cross School in Upton Park way back then and the head mistress was Miss Worsely and the senior teacher at the school, the very best ,says Harry, was Norman A Carpenter.
You may also want to watch:
He has been able to remember some of the names.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
Back row No.1 is P Sharp and No.2 is Frank (Chunga) Lacey.
In the second row, No.2 is R.Groombridge , No.4 G.Wiggins and No.9 D.Winters.
In the third row, seen at No.7 is Albert(Danny) Betts and No.9 is Tommy Bailey.
In the fourth row, pictured at No.1 is Fred Wallis, No.3 is Sidney Patten, No.5 is Alan Scott and No.6 Billy Bolton. Who, he muses, are the rest?