Have they shot themselves in the foot?
THE de-selection of good councillors by the Labour Party regional officers could result in the Labour Party losing control of this borough to the opposition party in the next election. The officers may have taken the view many long standing councillors ar
THE de-selection of good councillors by the Labour Party regional officers could result in the Labour Party losing control of this borough to the opposition party in the next election.
The officers may have taken the view many long standing councillors are now too old and less mobile, also they may think there is not enough women standing for election in some wards and the need for a greater ethnic mix.
All sound ideas but councillors who are now in place have shown they have the support of the community and their age is no problem for example my daughter's problems were sorted out by a councillor who as been thrown out after years of good service, and where is there logic in getting rid of a very competent councillor like Gerry Vincent, so a woman can stand in Longbridge ward?
I wonder if the new candidates have any idea what is coming if they get elected.
You may also want to watch:
I can tell them, their lives will change, their family life will be strained, they will enter a world of back stabbing, get phone calls from people needing help, being on many committees having a diary full up, be expected to toe the party line, be required to go canvassing and getting abuse on the doorstep, holding surgeries.
I was a councillor in Alibon Ward my marriage broke up. When its all over, you wonder if it was worth it.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild