Barking and Dagenham is London’s least active borough, study finds
- Credit: Vickie Flores
Barking and Dagenham is London’s least active borough with 67 per cent of residents not participating in any sport, a study has found.
A survey of almost 1,500 Londoners by GolfSupport.com estimates this equates to almost 100,000 people in the borough doing no exercise.
Of those Londoners who do no sport, 24 pc blamed tiredness, 18 pc said they had other commitments, 12 pc thought it was too expensive, 8 pc lack motivation and 6 pc have no desire to do sport.
Camden is London’s most active borough, with 37 pc of residents doing no sport.
“The fast-paced nature of London unfortunately translates to its residents, who are consistently preoccupied with work matters and social engagements,” said GolfSupport.com’s managing director, Gary Swift.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst the Olympics did initially surge sport participation numbers, it seems the nostalgia is now stagnating.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment