Barking and Dagenham residents sue travel operator
BARKING and Dagenham residents are among more than 100 holidaymakers taking a travel operator to court after falling ill at a hotel in Turkey.
A writ issued at London’s High Court claims their holidays were ruined when they came down with salmonella and other gastro intestinal diseases after staying at the all inclusive Sarigerme Holiday Village in Dalaman, Turkey in 2009.
Now they are suing First Choice Holidays and Flights. The writ says the company has already accepted liability for negligence of its “suppliers.”
Among the 107 claimants are Claire Setters, 26, of Bastable Avenue, Barking and two children aged nine and 12 from Dagenham.
They say they were struck down with tummy bugs, including salmonella and cryptosporidium, after eating undercooked food and using a swimming pool contaminated with faeces.
You may also want to watch:
The claim for unlimited damages could top �1million if successful.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences