Barking and Dagenham smokers urged to kick their habit for No Smoking Day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Barking and Dagenham Council are urging smokers to take the first step towards kicking their habit by taking part in No Smoking Day tomorrow.
The national event celebrates the success of people who have stopped smoking and encourages others to give up.
This week there will be a number of stalls in different locations across the borough providing help and advice for people looking to quit.
Council leader Darren Rodwell said: “We understand the majority of smokers want to stop smoking but many find the task too daunting.
“No Smoking Day is the perfect opportunity to inspire smokers to quit for good.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone’s different, which means the way some people quit smoking is different. Stopping smoking is not always easy, but the good news is there is more free support available than ever.”
You can also contact the Stop Smoking London Helping on 0300 123 1044 or visit their website www.london.stopsmokingportal.com.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad