Barking and Dagenham smokers urged to kick their habit for No Smoking Day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Barking and Dagenham Council are urging smokers to take the first step towards kicking their habit by taking part in No Smoking Day tomorrow.
The national event celebrates the success of people who have stopped smoking and encourages others to give up.
This week there will be a number of stalls in different locations across the borough providing help and advice for people looking to quit.
Council leader Darren Rodwell said: “We understand the majority of smokers want to stop smoking but many find the task too daunting.
“No Smoking Day is the perfect opportunity to inspire smokers to quit for good.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone’s different, which means the way some people quit smoking is different. Stopping smoking is not always easy, but the good news is there is more free support available than ever.”
You can also contact the Stop Smoking London Helping on 0300 123 1044 or visit their website www.london.stopsmokingportal.com.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street