Barking and Dagenham smokers urged to kick their habit for No Smoking Day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Barking and Dagenham Council are urging smokers to take the first step towards kicking their habit by taking part in No Smoking Day tomorrow.
The national event celebrates the success of people who have stopped smoking and encourages others to give up.
This week there will be a number of stalls in different locations across the borough providing help and advice for people looking to quit.
Council leader Darren Rodwell said: “We understand the majority of smokers want to stop smoking but many find the task too daunting.
“No Smoking Day is the perfect opportunity to inspire smokers to quit for good.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone’s different, which means the way some people quit smoking is different. Stopping smoking is not always easy, but the good news is there is more free support available than ever.”
You can also contact the Stop Smoking London Helping on 0300 123 1044 or visit their website www.london.stopsmokingportal.com.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week