Mobile coronavirus testing unit coming to Barking Hospital for a day
- Credit: Archant
A mobile coronavirus testing facility is due to be based at Barking Hospital today.
The unit will be at the Upney Lane site from 10am to 3pm for key workers who want to be tested for Covid-19.
To qualify for a test you need ID and a letter from your employer.
Key workers are those who work in essential services including staff from the post office, utilities, transport, voluntary support, financial services and people in childcare looking after children for key workers.
Essential workers also include funeral directors, refuse collectors, medical and supermarket staff.
You may also want to watch:
The testing programme is open to all NHS and care staff including those with members of their household or patient displaying symptoms.
The announcement follows town hall leaders and MPs from across east London writing to the health secretary Matt Hancock requesting a testing facility in the area.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder