Barking now offers the help you need to give birth at home
- Credit: Archant
A new service offering pregnant women the support and guidance they need to give birth in their own homes has been launched in Barking.
Four midwives are part of the Sunshine Homebirth Team which are based at Barking Community Birth Centre in Upney Lane.
They will be on hand with new mums during the birth to ensure labour goes as smoothly as possible and in accordance with National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines.
Sandra Reading, Director of Midwifery at Barts Health NHS Trust, said: “We know there are women who would like to give birth in the comfort of their homes, or in a birth centre, but are unsure about the next steps to take.
“The team will review every request individually to support the choices made by women in an effort to deliver safe and compassionate care.”
Friday’s launch included presentations from midwifery staff, as well as an opportunity to meet the new team.
Dr Waseem Mohi, chair of Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We know that having the right support and environment can make a big difference to you and your baby’s experience of labour and giving birth.”
- 1 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 2 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 3 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 6 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 7 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 8 Dagenham man loses third of bodyweight during lockdown
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United
For more information, call 020 8252 8281.