Barking now offers the help you need to give birth at home
- Credit: Archant
A new service offering pregnant women the support and guidance they need to give birth in their own homes has been launched in Barking.
Four midwives are part of the Sunshine Homebirth Team which are based at Barking Community Birth Centre in Upney Lane.
They will be on hand with new mums during the birth to ensure labour goes as smoothly as possible and in accordance with National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines.
Sandra Reading, Director of Midwifery at Barts Health NHS Trust, said: “We know there are women who would like to give birth in the comfort of their homes, or in a birth centre, but are unsure about the next steps to take.
“The team will review every request individually to support the choices made by women in an effort to deliver safe and compassionate care.”
You may also want to watch:
Friday’s launch included presentations from midwifery staff, as well as an opportunity to meet the new team.
Dr Waseem Mohi, chair of Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We know that having the right support and environment can make a big difference to you and your baby’s experience of labour and giving birth.”
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
For more information, call 020 8252 8281.