Carers Week events in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Carers Week, which runs until this Sunday, is about raising awareness of the 6.5 million people in the UK who care for a family member or a friend who is ill or disabled.
During the week, there will be special events for carers and their families:
n Free hairdressing treatments are being offered all week at Redbridge College. To book an appointment call into the Carers of Barking and Dagenham office at 15 Althorne Way, Dagenham.
n Beauty treatments are on offer all week at Robert Clack School in Green Lane, Dagenham, including aromatherapy massage (£2.50) and free electrolysis. Call Lauren on 020 8593 4422 to book.
n Head to Heathway Shopping in Dagenham today (Wednesday) to receive advice at an information stand.
You may also want to watch:
n Enjoy a day of fun on Saturday, 10am to 2pm, at Memory Lane Resource Centre, Porters Avenue, Dagenham. Call Janet on 020 8984 9940.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 4 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking