Carers Week events in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Carers Week, which runs until this Sunday, is about raising awareness of the 6.5 million people in the UK who care for a family member or a friend who is ill or disabled.
During the week, there will be special events for carers and their families:
n Free hairdressing treatments are being offered all week at Redbridge College. To book an appointment call into the Carers of Barking and Dagenham office at 15 Althorne Way, Dagenham.
n Beauty treatments are on offer all week at Robert Clack School in Green Lane, Dagenham, including aromatherapy massage (£2.50) and free electrolysis. Call Lauren on 020 8593 4422 to book.
n Head to Heathway Shopping in Dagenham today (Wednesday) to receive advice at an information stand.
You may also want to watch:
n Enjoy a day of fun on Saturday, 10am to 2pm, at Memory Lane Resource Centre, Porters Avenue, Dagenham. Call Janet on 020 8984 9940.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 5 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog