Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- Credit: PA
Data shows that the number of Covid cases spiked across east London boroughs during a couple of weeks in July.
Covid-19 figures released on Friday, July 23 show that in Tower Hamlets, the number of cases rose from 350 per 100,000 people in the seven days before July 11 to 480 per 100,000 in the week before July 18.
Similarly, in Havering, Covid infections per 100,000 of population went from 241 in that first period to 433 the following week.
Barking and Dagenham also saw a rise in cases - from 226 to 326 per 100,000 people over the fortnight.
In Newham, the prevalence of Covid in the seven days ending on July 11 was 319 per 100,000, and 204 per 100,000 the following week.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge paints a similar picture; Covid cases rose from 236 per 100,000 in the first period to 292 the next week.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 4 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 8 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 9 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 10 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip